Greetings to Our Wonderful Patients and Friends!
Hello! We are so grateful for each and every one of you! We have been thrilled to be re-open since early June 2020. We continue to take COVID precautions within the office and outside of the office to stay safe so that we can be here to help take care of you! Healthy immune systems are so very important. A healthy mouth contributes to a more effective and efficient immune system. We want to help boost yours!
In addition to following all guidelines set up by the CDC, ADA, and IDA, and our very strict protocols for sanitization and sterilization we are:
- Using Surgically Clean Air units throughout the office as well as Molekule air purifiers within each patient operatory. We have added additional iWave air purification units within our HVAC systems as well. (links with more info for each technology below)
- Using Isolite systems to protect the team and patients from droplet spatter and aerosols with continuous suction during restorative care. In addition, we have added ReLeaf systems in our hygiene operatories so that any aerosol producing procedure within cleaning appointments is also protected with continuous suction. Patient’s are appreciating the comfort and added safety these technologies offer.
- Fogging each room with hypochlorous acid after each patient appointment.
(Hypochlorous acid, unlike chlorine bleach, is 100% safe and non-irritant. If it gets on your skin or in your eyes, it will not burn. Even if it were accidentally ingested, it is completely harmless. Yet, it is 70-80 times more efficient at killing microbial pathogens than chlorine bleach.)
- Conducting pre-screenings for each patient prior to entry into the office
- Everyone is required to wear a mask while in the building unless a procedure is taking place
- Team wears extra protection and masks at all times
We are always grateful for your feedback and online reviews of our office. We wanted to share this one with you as it speaks to his feeling of safety given the environment we are currently facing with the pandemic:
“I would like to share my wonderful experience of visiting the dental office of Dr. Sonya Stoltze and her team (Stoltze & Stoltze Family Dentistry) during the pandemic. My 81 years old mother lives with my family and we were naturally super-cautious and following all the effective Covid-19 preventive measures, i.e. working remotely, wearing masks, etc. My visit to the dental office was actually my first venture to the outside world since the beginning of the pandemic. I dared doing it based on the well thought-out anti-virus protocol of Dr. Stoltze and her team, in particular, she is using a special air ventilations system, proper sanitation, and personal protective equipment. I also had confidence that Dr. Stoltze and her team are “walking the talk”, as to say. Not to my surprise, the protocol was indeed followed with meticulous precision. I felt more confident and relaxed in her office than walking in the park with random by-passers! Highly recommended!” ~FZ
Floss is awesome,
More details about our process:
- Every patient will have a phone call prior to their appointment to complete a pre-screening risk assessment.
- There will be signs at the doors on the first floor with more information. The upstairs doors to the office will remain locked to prevent entrance of those who have not been screened.
- There will be a sign on the door with our phone number asking you to text (515-606-1839) or call (515-233-3797) and announce your arrival. Please return to your car and await a team member to greet you.
- We will meet you at your car to check your temperature, and re-screen you before entering the office. (We will not see any patients whose temperature is over 100.4 degrees.) When your clinician is ready to seat you, you will be directed up the stairs and to one of the doors on the second floor nearest your patient care room. Your clinician will meet you at the door.
- Please plan to come alone into the office.
- Please wear a cloth mask if you have one, we ask that you wear this wear this from when you roll down your window for your patient screening, to when you receive your pre-rinse after getting settled into your patient chair. Please plan to wear your mask unless you are actively receiving treatment.
- Your clinical dental team will already be wearing their personal protective gear when they greet you for your appointment. (please use your favorite memories and available photographs to remember what our smiling faces look like!! We are under the equipment smiling and excited to see you!)
- You will then be asked to wash your hands.
- You will be given a peroxide solution to rinse with, twice.
- Communication is going to be a bit more complex as we cannot remove our face coverings to chat.
- Because we are wearing more protective gear than usual, our office will be noticeably colder, so please plan to dress or bring a jacket/blanket for your appointment. (Think like you would going to a heavily air conditioned movie theatre in the summer… or the frozen foods section at the grocery store.)
- *Please save a bit more time as a buffer before and after your scheduled time. We are working with new systems and we will try our best to stay on schedule and we ask for your patience and understanding as we learn and adapt to our new systems.
- To minimize the length of appointments, and the number of touched surfaces, we are bypassing the waiting room and the front desk. You will go directly to and from your treatment room.
- We will have you remain in your chair at the end of your appointment. We will continue to accept cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, or Discover to cover your estimated patient balance.
- If, within 48 hours of your appointment, you develop any COVID-19 symptoms, please call the office and let us know.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in hallways and stairwells.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
We realize that every person’s comfort level with being out and about right now is different and we completely understand if you elect to put off your dental treatment at this time.
To make an appointment, please call our office at 515-233-3797. Thanks for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, friends, and family. We can’t wait to see your smile!